ATTENTION CBNRM FORUM MEMBERS,
The Zambia Community Based Natural Resource Management Forum would like to support four currently updated CBNRM Forum Members to attend a “Proposal Writing and Fundraising Techniques Training Course” held at Tsopano Centre, Lusaka on February 11th-15th, 2013.
Please email your application in the form of a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following details: Name, Organisation, Position, Email, Phone Number
Deadline for receiving applications by the CBNRM Forum Secretariat is: Tuesday February 5, 2013.
PROPOSAL WRITING AND FUNDRAISING TECHNIQUES TRAINING COURSE
11th – 15th February, 2013 – TSOPANO CENTRE, LUSAKA
· Project design: main elements of a project with emphasis on how the project’s design attracts or repels donors
· Principles of fundraising: Why write proposals? Who reads proposals? What do proposal evaluators look for?
· Understanding and cultivating donor relationships: How to keep an active relationship with the donor, following guidelines, the power of communication, etc
· Learning from others: Examples from organisations that have succeeded in mobilising substantial grants from donors
· Interactive sessions with donor agencies/organisations: Meet and discuss face to face with the people that make decisions regarding your project proposals
· ‘Take away project’: Work individually and seek guidance from colleagues on your own ‘take away’ project proposal
· Useful guides and resources: Free resources that will get you started on your journey to raising resources for your organisation
· Expert trainers: Trainers who have both theoretical and hands on expertise in the field
Anyone who is working in a project environment, desires to work in projects or wishes to better understand the workings of NGOs and donors. Employees need not necessarily be employees in an NGO. Individuals seeking to develop new networks and linkages are welcome
Fees, Venue and Registration
The course fee will amount to 2,000 ZMW (Zambian Kwacha rebased) which includes:
– 5 days training course
– Refreshments, tea breaks & lunch meals
– Training material
– Certificate of Participation
The training course will be taking place at the Tsopano Centre, 20 Tito Road, Rhodes Park from 09:00 hrs to 16:30 hrs daily on the proposed dates.